Growth Gateway: UK government support for businesses trading and investing between the UK and African markets
If you are considering exporting from or to the UK, you should first:
For many goods, you may be charged reduced or zero tariffs (fees charged on goods arriving in the UK).
There are preferential trading agreements with some African countries which increase the opportunities for UK businesses.
The UK government encourages and supports:
- businesses in Africa that want to export to and invest in the UK
- UK businesses that want to export to and invest in African countries
The Growth Gateway is a single access point for businesses to the UK government’s offer on trade, finance, and investment.
Conditions for priority support
We prioritise enquiries from businesses that support or enable:
- environmental benefits (for example, reducing emissions, water use or soil erosion)
- employment opportunities and work for women
- increased skills and education
- reduced inequality
- healthy and resilient communities
Contact the Growth Gateway’s UK-Africa trade team to find out about the support provided for exporters and investors in the UK and African countries.
You can get help to access resources such as:
- checking your readiness to export
- finding buyers and trading intermediaries
- promoting responsible trade
- attending trade events
- accessing UK government support, such as technical assistance and finance
- identifying and pursuing investment opportunities
Our support programmes:
- exclude restricted goods
- may exclude specific sectors (such as oil and gas, mining, and tobacco)
African businesses: find out more about exporting from Africa to the UK.